Meeting 2012/8/13

The notes from our meeting on Monday 13th August:

1.   Present:  Peter Brachi, Pat Davies, Jonathon Stuart, Jan Chadaj, Richard Wilkin,  apologies John Bickerton.   Sec. Peter Johnson.

2.   BBQ had been well supported and enjoyed.   Thanks to those supplying BBQ’s.   To permit chairs to be placed off paths and avoid a linear layout an area of grass needs to be cut shorter.   Worth repeating for 2013.

3.   PB has DBT display for Architectural Heritage Week in hand (possibility of visit to Bindon Mill generator plant).

4.   Maintenance work day 28 October to be preceded by planning session 10.00 am 13 October to scope work and materials needed.   Seal leaking windows main task.   Clear gravel between butresses on South side if possible.   (BBQ lunch for workers?).   New hurdle for toilet screen on order form Alan Brown.   Threat to foundations from holly tree adjacent to porch to be kept under review.

5.   Harvest Supper speaker still sought.   PJ to invite Dorset Wildlife Trust to speak on Living Churchyards (since confirmed that Prof. Nigel Webb willing to carry out)    JC to enquire about speaker from Butterfly Conservation.

6.   Finances remain much as last meeting with balance of £9,123 at bank.   PD obtaining subs. from 4 new members.   Pos. raise subs at next AGM.

7.   JC outlined progress with village web-site. Introductory letter explaining site to be issued to Parish.  CKT pages agreed to be great help in publicising our events and encouraging membership.   Paper notices still needed in addition to web presence.   Additional village pages on hold and many helpful to village businesses and researchers will get additional input from committee members.

8.   Next meeting 23 October.

 Agenda Monday 13th August 

1. Apologies

2. 11 August BBQ review

3. Harvest Supper speaker (PB)

4. Architectural Heritage Week (PB)

5. Maintenance

6. New screen for toilet

7. Village Web Site

Letter to villagers here – Hello All

Items for review

  1. Update CONTACTS page so contact email goes to whom – Secretary ?
  2. Decide if public News is needed
  3. Do we want a secure area to blog / comment?

Which pages need content and by whom – phase 2

  • Walks – Peter Brachi
  • Lost buildings –
  • Lost roads –
  • War impact –
  • Former residents –
  • map of village naming properties –
  • gallery of current residents (secure) –
  • names of fields – Peter Brachi
  • woods –
  • roads in the parish would be interesting –
  • photos of events could be added to make it topical – Roger has started – who should do?

8. Finances.

Leave a Reply